So after my May 1 marathon I took time off from serious running and abandoned my blog altogether. In hindsight, this makes me sad. As my running blog was something that made me happy.
Why did I stop doing it then? Let's just say I let other people set the priorities in my life and that was an unfortunate state of being. But that's behind me now, or getting there. And I get to start doing my thing again - the way I want to do it.
That being said, let's recap the TOP TEN things that have happened to me in the last 6 months.
1. I killed it on a new blog in the firearms space, which has since been abandoned.
2. My dog had mass removal surgery + dental and everything went well. Her breath smelled better for precisely 4 days.
3. I had a nerve test done on my legs and lower back which determined I had moderate nerve damage in my lower back but completely normal nerve responses in my legs/feet. The orthopedist performing the test feigned surprise that I was running at all.
4. I had an MRI on my back, assisted by Valium, which determined there was no anatomical reason for said nerve damage.
5. I spent a week alone in the mountains of North Carolina where read 3 books, ate pintos and cornbread for dinner, and determined going back to Los Angeles was the worst possible thing I could do with my life.
6. I moved from So Cal to Arizona to start a new job in the firearms industry and finally not live in a constant state of frustration and negativity.
7. I separated from my husband of 2 years on a(nother) complete leap of faith that I would be happier.
8. I AM happier.
9. I switched my November 20th race to a February 4th race (still 50 miles) and started a 14-week training plan on Nov 1.
10. Trump won the election.
I'm back into running. I'm still into firearms. And the only choices I make are my own.
#MAGW #LBAW #HYFR
Running in Australia
How to Volunteer at a Race
Running in NYC Part I
All my recaps
Newsletter Sign Up
Thanks for Signing Up!
Thanks for signing up to my newsletter!
Add Another Address