What I've Been Eating - Week 11
I've started trying to eat more plant-based and less meat and dairy. I would say I'm to 90% plant-based, 90% of the time. The other 10% is a random pizza night (I will go white-trash on some Pizza Hut), honey in my tea (I recently discovered that the mysterious tea served at my local Moroccan restaurant (because everyone has their local Moroccan restaurant, right?) is, in fact, not exclusively grown, packed and shipped for Marrakesh in Studio City to make me want to go there), milk in a Starbucks cold brewed iced coffee (whatever), or I don't know, cookies.
I've also experimented with some other things, like Tart Cherry Juice. I don't think this does anything. And smoothies. Okay, I made one smoothie. And a homemade pineapple-ginger "cleanse" which also didn't do anything. I tried cashew cheese (Heidi-ho) for the first time (amazing in a grilled "cheese" sandwich). I have also been eating a lot of avocados, pears, apples, hummus, and granola.
I'm trying to not have as much soda (I do love Diet Coke, it's true) and have sparkling water instead. The problem is... when I buy a 4-pack of Trader Joe's sparkling water, it's gone in two days. >_<
Next, I'm experimenting with the philosophy that if you're not hungry enough to eat a plate of vegetables, then you're not really hungry. Interesting, no?
Join us next time for What I've Been Eating: Goes to Hollywood!!
Running in Australia
How to Volunteer at a Race
Running in NYC Part I
All my recaps
Newsletter Sign Up
Thanks for Signing Up!
Thanks for signing up to my newsletter!
Add Another Address